The 350 were the first diesel locomotives operated by the South Australian Railways, entering service in June 1949
The 350 were the first diesel locomotives operated by the South Australian Railways, entering service in June 1949. Built primarily for shunting duties they spent a large part of their service life working as shunters at Islington Railway Workshops, Mile End and Mount Gambier. In March 1978 all were included in the transfer of the South Australian Railways to Australian National.
Both were withdrawn in 1979 with 350 sold to SteamRanger and 351 to a preservation group at Moonta for a proposed heritage railway operation but the venture did not continue and the Australian Railway Historical Society purchased the unit and restored the locomotive to operating condition at Dry Creek depot. The unit was then used on the Victor Harbor Tourist Railway and based at Goolwa, but due to mechanical issues it is no longer operational and is on display at the Port Milang Railway Museum where restoration is in progress.
The price listed is for a ready to run gauge 1 model this is complete with a RCS radio control system, Motors, and a MyLocosound sound card the model only comes as a battery operated unit. the model can be provided as a kit, contact us to get a price for the kit.
If you require postage please contact us for a price.